1/22/10

Conan

Thinking back upon the last ten years or so, Conan O'Brien has been a part of my thinking and laughter. He was always on when I came home from hanging out and worth suffering through the half hour of "Mad About You" that preempted him for years on Utah's NBC affiliate. He was a writer on a show I watched almost daily growing up, the Simpsons, along with with another fave, Saturday Night Live. If I was to very pick someone to represent me in the late night world, Conan would be that person.

I like making people laugh, it's almost a gut reaction to most of life's situations. Likewise, I am grateful to Conan for the laughter he has given to me. In case you didn't watch his last episode of the Tonight Show, here are his parting words:

I can never thank you enough for your kindness to me and I’ll think about it for the rest of my life. All I ask of you is one thing: please don’t be cynical. I hate cynicism — it’s my least favorite quality and it doesn’t lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.

Thanks Coco.

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment